Thursday, November 4, 2010

New Easy Dinner Recipe from Southern Living

My sister shared this recipe with me, all of her family loved it. I tried it with my crowd last night and it was a hit. We of course made it more fattening by adding sour cream when we served it and it was delicious! It is from the Busy Moms Weeknight Recipe Southern Living book. By the way, my kids had their doubts when I was mixing it up and when it was in the pan before it was cooked...but they were apologizing after they tasted it. I doubled it for my crowd and instead of using two cans of black beans, I used 1 black bean and one can of pinto beans.

Southwest Corn Sausage Dressing
Ingredients:
1 lb. ground pork sausage
1 medium onion, chopped
1 (8.5) package corn muffin mix
1 (14 3/4 oz.) can cream-style corn
1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
2 large eggs
1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
1 (4.5 oz.) can chopped green chiles, drained
2 cups (8 oz.) shredded cheddar cheese
Directions:
1. Cook sausage and onion in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring until sausage crumbles and is no longer pink. Drain well.
2. Combine corn muffin mix and next 3 ingredients in a large bowl. Stir in cooked sausage mixture, black beans, green chiles, and cheese. Spoon cornbread mixture into a lightly greased 11 x 7 inch baking dish.
3. Preheat over to 350 degrees. Bake for 1 hours or until golden brown and set.

No comments:

Post a Comment